Saturday, January 17, 2009

Things I LOVE <3


I wanted to make a more optimistic post and reflect on all the things I love! My list is in no particular order (because if it was, doggies would be number 1) it's just a general compilation of all things wonderful.

Coffee and tea are practically pastimes for me. I enjoy sitting down and reading or writing or doing a crossword with a cup of hot something. Generally, I like to start my day with coffee. My favorite is hazelnut. In the evenings I become a tea drinker. In my experience, the absolute best tea brand is Tazo. They know what's up. If I had to choose my favorite, I would say Egyptian Licorice. I hate black licorice, so don't let the name mislead you. It's comforting and smells like fall or the holiday season. You must try it!

New art supplies are amazing!
When you take off the plastic and open up a container of brand new colored pencils, you can see that there is nothing more beautiful than perfectly sharp, color-organized tools. I never like letting my pencils get out of color order, so I'm hard-pressed to ever lend them out. Prismacolor is known as the best art supplies brand and I definitely believe they're a great investment! I just enjoy looking at brilliant colors (who doesn't??) and it is kind of inspiring because I want to try them out and create something. Yes, new art supplies are lovely!

I love dogs. LOVE them. In fact, hold that thought, I'm going to make dogs their own post because there's just too much to say.

I'm not a pot head or anything, but I do love cannabis and absolutely think it should be legal. If my parents can relax and drink a bottle of wine in the evening, then why can I not smoke a bowl, listen to music and converse with friends to unwind? It's a plant. It's natural. It's enjoyable. Just don't let it make you lazy!
My favorite things to watch on TV are Food Network, Travel Channel, It's Me or the Dog/Animal Planet, Cash Cab, light teen shows like Drake and Josh and Comedy Central. I can't stomach reality television like I used to.

I like reading books that people recommend to me. Currently, I am about to begin East of Eden because it's Andrew's favorite book and he gave it to me for Christmas. My friend, Charles, generally has the best recommendations though. I like to read the paper, but I don't do it near enough and I am fearing it will soon be extinct!

California is gorgeous. If you have never been there, make it a point to go. And don't just visit beaches and L.A. Make it a week-long stay and see the whole state! I'm not kidding. Northern and southern California are two very different places, both amazing in their own way. You can do everything in this state, from skiing to surfing to hiking. You must at least see Yosemite, L.A., San Francisco (near me :)), Tahoe and Santa Cruz, but there is so much more than that. The weather is always agreeable, if not perfect. 


My favorite color is pink. I'm not a particularly girly girl, but the color makes me happy. So, my room at home is very pink. Pink curtains, pink bedding, pink walls and pink decorations. I adore my room and my big, pink, marshmallow-soft bed. My room in California is a little slice of my own heaven.

I really like driving. It is a constant bummer that I don't have a car in Missouri, but I have learned to embrace my daily walks to class and downtown. Mostly, I don't like that I can't go anywhere whenever I want. I miss the independence that driving allows for me. 

thanksgiving-stewart-samberg.jpg

I am a little obsessed with Andy Samberg, if you haven't gathered that. I want to make babies with him. I enjoy his brand of humor more than any other and I am eagerly awaiting the album from Lonely Island! My favorite comedy is Hot Rod and I have watched it too many times to count. I'm sure I can quote most of the movie and I also have the soundtrack in my iTunes. 

All of these things put a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment